Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a slacker, I am.

Okay, so my blogging abilities have been challenging as of late. I am not stay on top of it as much as I used to and I apologize. With that said, I will say this, "There really has not been to much going on to update you about".

Ashlynn turned 11 in October. We had a small party of 4, went to the movies, bowling, and 2 girls slept over. All in all I think she had a great time. She received a cell phone, several new books, some cash, some clothes, and sprite flavored lip gloss. Her favorite lip gloss!

We went to parent teacher conferences and both kids are doing wonderful! We love hearing that. Their teachers give us wonderful comments on them. Ashlynn teacher is always trying to stump her. Brier's teacher finds him to be such a 'serious' little man - that's nothing new. Everyone is always saying how 'serious' he is.

Now, we are in the process of planning for Christmas. Our children are very hard to shop for! They both want books this year and we've finally come up with just a couple other ideas for them, so we may share the book list with the grandparents. We're rather short on ideas and they are not giving us much to go on either. Wii games, books, lip gloss, ds, ds games ... ya see?

We however are resourceful. David brought home the BX adds for Thanksgiving weekend and we found a few items and have begun creating a plan!

Ashlynn & I both have been very busy this month of November as we are both participating in NaNoWriMo. Writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days - yes it's insanity! If you'd like to read about how we are doing so far, find me on facebook or hop over here and check it out. Be sure to cheer us on!

I am not going to promise to update this again soon, but I will try to. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a Blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

Much love,

The VanWinkle's

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...