Monday, September 27, 2010

The News!

Late last week I posted something on facebook about "Good News" and then I tormented and teased everyone all day about what the news could possibly be. It amazed me at how many people thought I was pregnant - even after I posted saying "the baby making factory has been closed for a long time".

So for all of you that may have guessed "PREGNANT" the answer is "WRONG". I just wanted to make that clear before anyone gets too excited! :)

It amazes me though, because anyone who had spoken to me would have known the correct answer had they thought about anything I'd been saying recently...like "I'm waiting to hear" or "We're still waiting to find out if its been approved" and on and on I said things like this. Some people actually DID hear me, because I did have a few correct guesses - which I removed from my comments to keep the guessing going - yeah I'm mean haha.

So what was I talking about? We were due to head back state-side Sept 2011. We've been in England for 2 years. So we decided to put in for the extention and stay in England (hopefully) a bit longer. There is so much we haven't done yet, would like to see, and we actually make money living here...besides giving the kids the chance to stay in one location for more than 3 years - that's priceless.

Last Thursday David called me and said, "we need to fill out that paper work for Ashlynn's school, because she'll be going there next year, and the next, and the next". I said, "So we got the extention uh?" he said, "yep".

So the EXCITING NEWS is that we get to stay in England til 2014!!!

We are thrilled and when I say being able to stay in the same location for more than 3 years is priceless to the kids - I'm serious. I had a jumping up and down screaming daughter who immediately required a celebration sleep-over! Brier although not as animated was just as excited. Both kids will get to complete Primary school here and a few years of Secondary. They're friends are just as excited.

I know our family and friends are a bit disappointed that we are not coming back next year, but well it is much cheaper to check things out while living than trying to come back and tour around and you only get one chance to live right? So we took it. We will be returning state-side to visit and some of our family does have plans to also visit us and we all look forward to that as well.

So just to clarify, the news was not any of the below:

  • pregnancy
  • published writings (although I'm still dreaming)
  • not buying a house or castle
  • David is being promoted (yet) or knighted (although he is my knight)
  • we are not dying our hair or anything else funky colors....yet Halloween is around the corner.
  • did not win the lottery
  • are not returning state-side early
  • not adopting
  • not taking a cruise (yet)

If you guessed staying in England - you were right! That is the correct news. :) I'll try not to be so mean next time I have "NEWS" good or bad, but I'm sorry it was just so entertaining!

Love you all!

~T~

1 comment:

Anita said...

Wonderful news!
I'm happy for you and your family, because it's what you want.
I hope to visit Europe some day. You're right to see all you can while you can!
Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...