Monday, November 2, 2009

Post 173: Can you believe it's November?!

Well, we survived our second Halloween in England. Halloween seems so much more laid back here, but then it could just be the village we live in :-) Not a lot happens around here, no real trick or treating - which is fine by me and the kids don't seem too upset about it...so even better.

David did take the kids to the Haunted Hollow or Forrest that they had on base. They went to the kid friendly version and Ashlynn decided that was not scary enough. So later while Brier and I were up at the Village Halloween party...David and Ashlynn snuck off to hit the scarier (adult) version of the Haunted Hollow. According to Ashlynn..."It was AWESOME!!!" Apparently, she is a thrill seeker - I'm not sure, but she loved it and David seemed very proud of her.

As for Brier & I we had a great time eating, dancing, and chatting with friends up the road. You were supposed to dress up...but well we kinda failed to do that. However - there were several dressed up and some very interesting costumes. It was a great time though, everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves and that's what counts right?

Yesterday - we recovered haha. Laid around the house...actually I cleaned our bedroom and cleaned out my closet and yet somehow I still need more hangers! I don't understand. How can you get rid of clothes and still need hangers! It makes no sense.

David did the laundry...Chiefs did not play yesterday - so he read a lot. He also died my sheets blue - I enjoy telling you that! I am the one that ALWAYS dyes something...so the fact that he did it...oh that's just wonderful! :-)

Today - I'm making more wedding sample invitations and decorating some styrofoam Christmas trees with the kids. I'll be posting pictures on my craft blog later. If you'd like to see the coffin treat boxes I made hop on over and have a look! They turned out real cute I think.

Anyway, I hope you all had an enjoyable and safe Halloween...now can you believe it is November already?!!! It's just crazy! Time for baking and thanksgiving....:-) Right?

4 comments:

Alice in Wonderland said...

Living in England, we also have Bonfire Night on 5th November! I think we celebrate that more than Halloween, but I think that it depends on which part of the country you live in! Still goodies like Baked Potatoes and Hot-Dogs though!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet a fellow foreigner living in England ... we don't really do Halloween in Australia and I have to say I've always struggled to see what's to celebrate about November 5th but the locals do seem to love it more than halloween.

We have lived here for 8 years and my son (now 12) only went trick or treating for the first time this year. He got some quality lollies, but I was amazed at how many people gave the kids money instead!

Helen McGinn said...

Halloween is bigger in Scotland but still not as big as in America. Money is given quite often rather than sweets.

Did you participate in Guy Faulkes Night on the 5th November? Fireworks and bonfires galore to celebrate the uncovering of a gunpowder plot to blow up the houses of parliament! xx

Spring M Fricks said...

Stopping by from SITS and to say hi and thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm just now catching up. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...