Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 6 - Happy Birthday David!

First, I'd like to say, "Happy 38th Birthday, honey! I love you so very much. God sure knew what he was doing when he created you to be my husband, I'm not sure who else could put up with me. There could not be a more perfect fit. You work so hard, and yet you work just as hard at home; helping with the house, the kids, the dogs...sometimes I think you do more than I. A lot of times that's even true, I apologize that the Lord blessed you with a lazy bum for a wife :) I am most appreciative for all the hard work you do. We would not be who we are or where we are if it were not for you. Thank you for being so great. I love you!"

Second, I'd like to add a bit to my daily pictorial journal. Sunday's are meant for the Lord. That's the way I was taught and the way I believe. So to remember this as the Lord's day, throughout this pictorial adventure on Sunday's I am also going to let you know what am thankful for each week. Those moments that stand out, those that make me feel blessed beyond measure.

Today's picture is obviously my desk!
{My Desk}
{Matching Cabinet}

Both which give me a few things to be thankful for: 
  • A husband who spoils me and is willing to put furniture together for me...even on his birthday!
  • A nice place to write, scrapbook, and it even includes storage.
  • That the money for both arrived just in time, as they were on sale until today!
I must admit, I feel rather important sitting here at a real desk instead of a 5ft table! I really like this. I've wanted a desk for a long while now. I've wanted what I've been calling my Dream Desk from The Original Scrapbox:
No, I did not get it...but I got one that I am happy with and that is what matters right? Now, I think I'll save my change for the workbox - which could take a long time! However, when we finally leave England...it might be time for it. Who knows? Dreams are meant to be dreamt right?

I believe my new furniture will suit me well, and I believe it will give me future things to be thankful for as well.

There are a few other things that occurred this week that I am thankful for:
  • Ashlynn and her kind spirit. Thursday afternoon when I picked her up from school, she did yet another thing to melt my heart, bring a silent tear to my eye, and fill me with joy. There is a student named Mark, 3 years (classes) below her. He is a special needs child. For some reason on Thursday Mark did not want to go home. He was voicing this to his parents loudly as we walked behind them. They were parked ahead of us and so as we went past Ashlynn stopped. She didn't tell me she was going to, she just stopped...so of course I did to. Then she said very enthusiastically, "Hi Mark! I'll play with you tomorrow okay?" Mark dried his eyes, smiled so big I swear you could have seen sunshine and said, "Okay!" Then he got in his car without another word. Then we walked on to our car. I was speechless. Not many kids would have stopped, let alone even speak. The fact that Ashlynn took that small moment out of her day, her time...to bless another...well my cup runneth over. She is simply amazing.
  • Internet - so I can share these things with you...even if I have to reset the router a 100 times...without it I could not connect with so many.
  • My camera - which has been getting a great workout this week!
  • Puppy kisses :)
  • Brier and his persistence. Had he not been so persistent I'm pretty sure his friend Josh would not have come round on Saturday. They had a great time together playing football, the wii, and all sorts. Sometimes Brier's persistence drives me insane and I want to shout, "would you just hang on a sec"...but I am thankful he has this trait. It may be one of his greatest strengths and it may do him well in his future. At least I know he'll never give up! :)
  • Good friends who enjoy celebrating birthdays, playing games, and just hanging out.
  • Rug Dr...even if I didn't push the silly red button!
  • Laughter - because it feels so good! I've had plenty to laugh at this week.
  • And most of all, I'm thankful for the birthday boy himself, whom without I would be utterly lost.
For those of you that have taken the time to read this blog today, I thank you. I pray that you have had many great things to be thankful for this week and that God may bless you in the coming week.

Tonya

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...