Monday, October 26, 2009

Post 171: 1 Decade Old!

Well, some how we survived it! I think Ashlynn had a pretty good birthday. She got several new books, a scarf & hat, and a Nintendo ds! They highlight gift was of course the ds, of course Daddy had to take her right away to pick out a game for her ds.

From her friends she received a total of 32 pounds to spend - nobody knew what to buy her! Even her friends find her difficult to shop for. She got 2 pretty bracelets and some earrings. One of her friends had even come up to me and asked me, "Do you know what Ashlynn might like for her birthday? She seems a bit confused about what she wants." I thought that was great!

Money, even though not fun or easy to ask for is usually a GREAT gift! It's one of my favorite gifts to receive. Why? Well, because unless you know exactly what I want or what my tastes are - it's just easier and I don't end up with some nick-nac that I'll never find a use for. :) Know what I mean?

I love gift cards - if you know where I like to shop...but gift cards prove difficult for me here in England - there is no Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Barns and Noble, or New York & Company. Money is just the one gift that can never go wrong.

Anyway - looks like I will be taking this girl shopping sometime this week - I am sure! :)

I must say having her birthday party somewhere was rather nice. I didn't have to prepare anything, clean anything, buy party favor bags, buy food/drink, or figure out how to entertain them! It made it really nice - to be able and just sit back and enjoy it.

After her party the girls that were invited came over for a sleep-over. 4, 10-year-olds under one roof = LOUD! They do not sleep! And they wake up at 7 a.m.!!! Needless to say we were ALL very tired yesterday.

I think the 1st Decade Birthday was a hit though - and I'm glad. Enjoy the photos and thanks for all the Birthday wishes!

1 comment:

Alice in Wonderland said...

That was a great Birthday treat! I loved the song and pictures!
People who know me. know what I like, and Santa already has my list!
It looked like a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...