Monday, June 22, 2009

Post 146: Prayer Request

Dear readers,

This is a difficult time for our family and I am asking that you keep us all in your prayers. As some of you may know, not sure how much I've blogged on this topic, but David's Mom's husband, Jim has been in the hospital since I think April or maybe March. He has had 4 surgeries and is not doing well. One day his condition seems to improve and the next it declines. He is extremely weak and they had to put him back on oxygen last night.

My mother-in-law called last night to tell me that the Dr. said if there was any way she could get her son home, she might want to send that message. So the red cross message was sent last night. If you are a new reader to my blog - my husband is deployed right now. I called the Key Spouse and let her know of the situation on this end. Then I called the emergency contact number I had for my husband (thankfully I had one) and informed him of the situation and that his Mom was going to send out the red cross message.

They worked very quickly and the message was received at my husband's duty station this morning (remember there are a lot of time changes so it was his morning - my early morning, or something like that). Anyway, the message was there went he reported to duty this morning. They worked diligently and had him on a flight out of there bound for the states TODAY! We are truly amazed and shocked out how quickly they worked, and very thankful as well.

Now, there is no telling how long it will take him to get there. He will probably go from one military plane to another until he reaches the East coast and then hopefully will be able to get on a commercial flight straight home. I am hoping to hear word along the way - if he has a lay over or if he is stuck somewhere waiting on a plane and can get an internet signal - if not - he'll let me know when he has made it there. I just pray he makes it safely and has a chance to see Jim.

We decided that it would probably be best if the kids & I stay here. He is only allowed state side for a certain amount of days and then they will send him right back to his duty station. We felt that he needed to be there for his Mom and that he needs to give her his full attention and that the kids may not understand why Daddy is not giving them as much attention. Not only that if Jim passes away - I think it would be very hard on the children to lose their Papa and then have to send their Daddy back to his duty station.

I have talked with the children about the situation - they are fully aware of everything and know that the outcome does not look good, but we are ALL praying and we know that God is in control, and we have to rest knowing that if Jim doesn't make it that it was his will. At the same time - we hate to lose him. He means so very much to all of us and the kids are very close to their Papa.

Which is why they don't want to see him in a hospital all hooked up to things, they don't want to remember him that way. They want to remember their summers with him, planting the garden or flowers, riding the horse, swimming lessons, walks down to the pond, fishing, picking fresh produce, watching cartoons, cooking pancakes, Sunday school, Church camp, and taking naps together. That's what they want to hang on to - they're treasured summer's, and I can't blame them. That's what I'd want them ALL to hang on to.

If David were home (with us) rather than deployed we'd all go home together - but that's just not the way it is. So please pray for my husband to have safe travels to the states. And pray for him, Jim, Marilyn, and the rest of our family during this difficult time.

Jim has been a very special part of all our lives and has touched our hearts and many others. He is Papa to many children. Children from church and all around the neighborhood have adopted him as their Papa. He has taken many "youngster's" under his wing and loved them as though they were also his grand-children.

We know that ultimately God is in control and that is where we are resting and finding comfort. So please keep us all in your prayers. I will keep you updated as I know more. We serve a God of miracles and only he knows the plan for Jim.

Thank you very much for your prayers.

Tonya

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry-- for your whole family.. My prayers are definitely going to your family tonight and for the safe travel of your husband.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...