Showing posts with label continuing prayers for Hailie. Show all posts
Showing posts with label continuing prayers for Hailie. Show all posts

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Post 127: Hold your breath and count to ten

Writing:

I've recently began blogging, yet another blog, this one on my "writing" journey. I've never posted any of my poetry or other works on any of my blogs before, or online for that matter. So today - I took a dive - if you'd like to check it out, it can be found here, The Write Journal.

Update on Hailie from Holly:

Hailie saw new doctor today. However this doctor is in the exact same office as the other one. She tried giving me same spill. However she had not seen the test results yet. She did another X-Ray and said she would call and talk to me when everything came back today. She said on the 30th they will redo the test. She was only able to meet Hailie and give her a physical exam, with X-Ray. A lot of things she said were untrue and didn’t match up with what other doctor from the clinic said.

I am requesting a specialist to look at Hailie. The new doctor today felt that was the best way to go. I feel like Hailie is Cancer Free; however no one has said it yet. I feel like Hailie is only so sick because she had been fighting strep and pneumonia on her own for so long with out any medicine. With out any Antibiotics helping her body fight the sickness for as long as she did, her immune system was at this point shutting down. I feel like the last two day’s have been good. That is probably due to the antibiotics that she is now receiving.

However Hailie has received a lot of Tylenol and if taken a lot of this it can affect your liver. I believe if Hailie is given the right treatment that this will correct it self. I have been consulting with my mom regarding Hailie’s health and she has been asking doctors around her at St.Johns about our situation. All the doctors that she talk to said they would have done the same thing as the Walk in Clinic did.

However the doctor I took Hailie to today. Said she would have not done the same thing. I feel like I can’t get a straight answer, and this is why I am requesting a specialist to look at Hailie. This has been the scariest thing Nick and I have had to go through as parents, and at this point we just want Answers and the Truth!!!

I also want take this time to Thank everyone for your prayer's. They all have been heard. Please continue praying for Hailie to make a full recovery. The Lord has given me the strength now to face my fears of what the result may be. He has lifted our spirits and given us the strength to find the truth. Hailie will recover.You just must believe. Thank you again, Thank you all.

Other News:

I've much to tell you about - so check back tomorrow to find out what we did over the weekend - for now I'm off to bed.

HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY - TO EVERY MUM!!! (for my American friends - it's Mother's Day here today!!! Guess I get 2 this year! haha)

Friday, March 20, 2009

Post 125: Hailie visit new Dr.


Today, Hailie will be meeting her new Dr. today at 9:45.

We are not really sure what will happen at this appointment. Holly switched Dr's because of the fact that Hailie has been fighting this since approximately December or earlier and her Dr. never caught it! How hard is it to catch strep? Thankfully, as most Mom's do, you just KNOW your child and you KNOW when something is not right. Holly put her foot down, took Hailie some where else, found the strep, and is now meeting the NEW Dr. to continue figuring out what is causing Hailie's reoccurring high fevers. I don't know if they will draw blood tomorrow or not, because I believe they are waiting for the antibiotics from the strep to clear before testing her blood again and looking at her liver enzymes.

I do however want you to know that your prayers are being heard and we appreciate everyone of them.

Yesterday, I also received an email from my Mom. I'm going to share that with you now.

"Hi Tonya, I haven't talked to you since I called and told you about Hailie. I know that Holly is keeping you updated. I talked to Holly a little while ago and she said that Hailie was fever free all day yesterday and all night last night and no fever this morning either. I was so excited to hear that because that made me comfortable telling her what the nurses and doctors I work with told me when I presented the situation to them.

I was afraid to say anything before now because I didn't want to give her false hope but after hearing that her fevers have been gone for 24 hours I felt like it would be ok to share with her what they said.

Anyway this is what they told me. They said not to borrow trouble. That Hailie's little body has been fighting this strep since December and then she developed pneumonia, probably a result of trying to fight the strep which by now was making her become septic which is why we have been seeing the really high temperatures all the time and have not been able to ever get them to go away completely. We have been giving her Tylenol on a daily basis several times a day since December and Tylenol can effect the liver. They said to give the antibiotics at least 48 hours and see if the temperatures begin to be lower and then go away completely. If they do then it is a very real probability (not possibility) that the liver enzyme elevation is due to an inflammation of the liver because of all she has been through and the Tylenol, and it would probably correct itself once she is getting some help to fight off the strep and we don't have to give her anymore Tylenol for a while. They said that in a couple of weeks the doctor will probably want to run another Hepatic panel to check the enzyme level and that would tell them if more test were needed or not.

Anyway I got really excited when I heard what they had to say and so I waited and everyday I asked Holly about her fevers and today she told me what I have been waiting to hear. Hailie hasn't had a temperature in 24 hours. That is really good news.

Anyway I am at work so I need to get off of here. I'll talk to you later. Love, Mom"

So you see - even though we don't have the final word yet, but there is still improvement. We can only hope and pray that, this is more than just good news...but eventually perhaps it might be GREAT news.

Please keep them in your prayers and send out a special moment of prayer for Holly & Hailie at 9:45 a.m. (central time - I believe). That is when they will meet with the new Dr. and I know Holly is a ball of nerves.

I'll update again as soon as she contacts me with the "appointment" news. Thank you all very much for all your thoughts and your prayers - this means the world to us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...