Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Post 160: School Routines 2009

The kids have been back in school for 4 days now - they went back on Thursday, had the weekend off and are back at it again this week. Yesterday, they both had Chess Club - Ashlynn for the 2nd year and Brier just beginning. Monday's are our busy days - they have Chess Club so I don't even go pick them up until 430 - then we have to take Ashlynn to Piano Lessons at 6...finding time for dinner on Monday's is the trick.

We ate in the car on the way to lessons last night. Crazy I know, but I was working on a project with a deadline for my landlord - apparently it helped him out alot, so that's great. I should have worked on it sooner - as usual - but I was in such a LAZY mood, and the kids and I had been running around on Saturday...so Sunday we were just chillin and Monday - hahaha - I was still chillin'. Took me forever to get my butt in gear that day.

Today's not been much better. I took the kids to school, went and mailed some items as well as checked the mail, and then decided to once again be lazy. So far I've enjoyed it...but I do need to get off my butt and get some things done around here haha. It's just so nice to have the t.v. without interruptions and so forth for a little while. I'm not much a t.v. watcher - but sometimes it's just nice.

The deployment is still not over - even though my countdown says that he is home - he is not yet home. That was just an estimated time - however, it should be over real soon. AMEN!

My sleeping habits are still whacked. My kids are sleeping fine - going to bed at 9, up at 730. I am going to bed by 10 and am awake at 6 a.m.!!! I just don't understand! This morning I actually made it to 7 - I shouldn't complain, I'm getting 8 hours of sleep...which is more than alot of people...but I still feel so tired! Like right now, it's 5 p.m. - I'm ready for nap...I really gotta get myself moving and get out of this strange funk. I've the desire to read a book - so that's not going to help much! :)

I've enjoyed my alone time - as we all knew I would. It's given me time to think, watch t.v., write, clean, read, shop, and whatever else...it's been nice and so far I'm not bored yet. :) Of course I am out of Sex in the City episodes, Charmed episodes, Medium episodes, and Ghost Whisperer episodes to watch...so now I guess I'll either have to give in and read that book or get my act together and stop being lazy.

Recently purchased Ashlynn a piano - we still have to get it tuned, but it seems as though it's going to work out nicely. Thankfully, I've good friends and neighbors that helped me get it home. Oh and a few guys from David's squadron came and helped load it. So Ashlynn is very happy to have it home. She really does a wonderful job playing and her teacher always compliments her on the fact that she practiced.

Now, there are many different characteristics that make up this little human being I call my daughter. You may think that she is a "girlie" kinda a girl, because I told you she plays the piano...but that is rather far fetched. She hates the color pink and tells you over and over she's just not that type of "girlie-girl". Let me give you some examples of her:
  • She likes to sing.
  • She likes to play the piano.
  • She likes to look at the stars, planets, and anything that involves space.
  • She loves animals, has told me since she was 3 that she is going to be a vet.
  • She loves school.
  • She likes the color blue.
  • She likes to draw.
  • She likes to cook.
  • She enjoys Chess.
  • She likes computers and video games ... including Star Wars!
  • She likes science, bugs, insects, leaves...anything she can look at under a microscope.
  • She'll catch frogs with the best of you and not scream.
  • She wears rubber boots with her pj's.
  • She dislikes pink.
  • She dislikes drama and all that "girlie" gossip.
  • She dislikes High School Musical and Hannah Montana.
  • She dislikes several foods.
  • She dislikes being told "you can't" do something - she's always looking for a way you "can".
  • She dislikes chocolate and cake icing.
  • She dislikes brushing her hair or having it fixed.

You see what I mean?

Last year she played Tag Rugby twice with the school. This year there is a club and guess who just asked if she could sign up?!

Yes, that's right! My piano playing daughter also loves to play Tag Rugby!!! What am I going to do with this child? At least Brier is all Boy and all Energy....Ashlynn is all EVERYTHING!

Thank God their Daddy will be home soon - he can help and if I catch the 2 of them dissecting worms in her room I'm going to kick his butt! Just warning all of you...it has been mentioned and even though he said, "we'll do it outside"...I'm not sure I believe that due to the dead lady bugs I found in Ashlynn's room!

Anyway - School is back in full swing - already needing money for this or that. Funny isn't it? You can't wait for school to start back up - to give your kids something to do and you some peace & quiet and within the first week the school is asking for money for something! It never fails.

Well, have a blessed week - hope everyone is settling back into their school routines easily.

1 comment:

Betty Manousos said...

Hi Tonia,
I'm always glad reading your posts.
I love the list you got up there!:)
I 'd love if you followed my blog, too.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...