Friday, August 28, 2009

Post 158: Pie in the Face

Last Sunday, I sat patiently thinking my husband would log on and talk to me. It was the first Sunday I'd been home for in a few weeks and I just kinda assumed he'd get online. Well, unknown to me that was the day of the Squadron Booster Club Fundraiser.

As it turns out my husband and the First Sergeant were campaigning back and forth trying to get some interest and participation. My husband was in 1st place for a little bit and then dropped down to 5th ... where he felt safe. However, the day before the voting ended, he went from having 150 votes to 800 votes!!! No longer safe. He came in 2nd place overall and still has no idea who dropped all that money on him haha.
My husband said this when he described this to me: "I sat down in the little chair and put on my trash bag apron. The bidding started. The First Sergeant picked some airman that I don’t know and was feeding him dollars. The bidding topped around $30, and the First Sergeant’s pawn won the battle. So, he picked his choice of weapons. A pie made of pineapple yogurt covered with Cool Whip. Oh, that wasn’t good enough, though. The First Sgt. realized they had more Cool Whip, so he topped the pie with another bowl of whipped cream. It was pretty thick. After the mandatory suspense, the kid splashed the “pie” right in the middle of my face and ran it up to the top of my head (of course, filling up both nostrils with whipped cream). Then someone mentions that he missed a spot and smeared the pan over the left side of my face. I tried to flip some whipped crème onto him, but I’m pretty sure I missed. Unfortunately, he cut the inside of my ear with the pie pan and it started bleeding pretty good." He said his hair was really sticky and he smelled like pineapples and REALLY needed a shower, but that he was a good sport! So being the good sport that he is - he told me all about it so I could post this blog, he sent me photos, and even a video! So this is the first time I've tried to upload a video...but here we go!

Too funny, right?
My husband also received another medal for his time during this deployment. He is a hard worker and very focused on his mission. I am very proud of him. He is such a good man!
See why I love him...even if he is covered in nasty sticky pineapple pie!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those fundraisers are always the most fun! Glad he was such a good sport about all of it, and congrats to him the other medal.

Amber said...

That was TOOOOOOO FUNNNY LOL :)

Betty Manousos said...

SO funny photos!!! thank you.
You have a lovely blog, that's why i follow.
Hope you get a chance to check out my blog at: cutand-dry.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...